- FREE WiFi is available throughout the whole hotel. If you require access to a computer, a wall-mounted tablet computer next to the vending machine provides free internet access for guests.
- Please indicate your preference for a king-size bed or twin beds when booking.
- All rooms have a flatscreen satellite TV, and private bathrooms. Bathrooms are stocked with our custom-range of showergel and shampoo.
- Rather than having closets, rooms openly display hangers to best show off your clothes.
Check-in is 3pm on the day of arrival. Check-out is til 12 noon on the day of departure. We’ll gladly store your luggage at no charge for short periods before check-in and after check-out.
Please note that the credit card which is used to make to booking needs to be shown upon check-in. The name of the booker needs to be the same as the name on the credit card. If this is not possible please ask Reception in advance for a third party authorization form.
Please be aware that the hotel does not accept cash. Payment is accepted with cards only.
Hotel The Exchange is a non-smoking hotel.
- Baby cots and free-standing fans are a free of charge and available upon request and subject to availability.
- For late-night snacks, selected toiletries, beer and wine check out our vending machine on the first floor.
- All guests have access to the common area on the first and second floor. Take a seat, plan your day with piles of reading material on hand, and even two sewing machines for aspiring fashionistas.
- Museum tickets are available for purchase from reception. For more popular museums such as the Rijksmuseum and the Van Gogh Museum we recommend purchasing tickets in advance as these are very popular and queuing times can be long. Ask the reception for help booking tours and other attractions such as canal cruises, visits to Dutch local bars, bike and bus tours, and day trips. We sell tickets to the following museums:
Van Gogh Museum
Jewish Historical Museum
Scheepsvaartmuseum (Maritime Museum)
Tassenmuseum Hendrikje (Museum of Bags & Purses)
Citinerary (meet a local)
Guests can access rooms using a combination of the lift and stairs, if you prefer not using the stairs at all please indicate this preference in your booking request.
- Public transport tickets (from 24 hours - 96 hours) can be purchased from reception starting from € 7,50. You can also pre-buy your tickets online.
- Bicycles are the cheapest, easiest and most fun way to get around Amsterdam. Bikes are available for rent at Holland Rent-a-Bike (Damrak 247), across the street from Hotel the Exchange. Rentals are € 8,00 a day, with a 10% discount for guests.
There are three large parking options nearby Hotel The Exchange:
- Parking place De Bijenkorf (open 24 hours) Beursplein 7 (2 minutes' walk)
€ 3,00 for the first 3 hours, € 3,40 after the first 3 hours. Maximum € 47,50 per day. Google Maps
- Parking place Oosterdok (open 24 hours)
Oosterdokstraat 150 (13 minutes' walk)
€ 1,50 for 20 minutes, after 5 hours you pay a fixed price of € 12,00 per day.
- Parking place Nieuwezijds Kolk (open 24 hours)
Nieuwezijds Kolk 18 (5 minutes' walk)
€ 4,00 for 52 minutes. Maximum € 50,00 per day.
STOCK is the café of Hotel The Exchange. The café has an indulgent all-day breakfast as well as a hit-and-run menu of locally made and healthy produce, including home-made smoothies, coffee, freshly baked bread, home-made apple pie, salads, sandwiches and sweets.
Unfortunately pets are not permitted in the hotel.